Embark on an unforgettable tasting adventure into the city’s lively heart of Taksim and Beyoğlu. Experience the city in the full-swing of the evening – when the locals come out to play. Savour the best local street foods, specialties from the Southeastern Anatolia region, kebabs you didn’t know existed, and the sweetest desserts. And, of course, an Istanbul evening wouldn’t be complete without a plate of famous baklava! Get into the midst of it all, and have a taste of Istanbul’s evening life. Eat. Walk. Explore!
Spend an evening discovering and eating your way through Istanbul’s lively heart with us, on our Taksim Street Food Tour. Taksim and Beyoğlu are favourite areas of locals to eat out, socialise and enjoy life – every day of the week. Exploring the best local eateries of the area in the evening light gives you the opportunity to experience the city like a true Istanbul local.
Feast your tastebuds on some of the best street food and kebabs Istanbul has to offer – and learn that there is more than meets the eye (or nose and tastebuds) when it comes to choosing exactly which type of kebab you want to eat. Savour the best baklava in the city from traditional creators. And this is just the beginning! Taste over 8 different specialties during your tour.
Join us for an evening of great food, good drink, and plenty of fun. This is sure to be an Istanbul night to remember! Eat. Walk. Explore!
- Discover why Turkish cuisine is one of the world’s most famous
- Explore Istanbul’s lively Taksim & Beyoğlu districts – the heart and soul of the city for locals
- Fill your belly with more than 8 traditional Turkish foods, desserts and drinks
- Discover Istanbul with a professionally licensed foodie guide – passionate about all things food and Istanbul – ready to share information about their culture, Turkish history and modern-day life
- Enjoy the small, intimate groups with a maximum of 8 guests
- Tempt your tastebuds with baklava from a shop that has been producing the favourite sweet for generations
- Savour unique dishes hailing from Turkey’s Southeastern Anatolia region
- Enjoy tasting different types of kebabs and discover there’s more kebab than just doner
- Sample some of the locals’ favourite street foods and quick bites of the area
Your ticket entitles you to the following:
- All food and drink tastings along the tour, including 1 bottle of water
- A friendly, knowledgable and energetic professionally-licensed English-speaking tour guide
- A evening filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local insider’s view of Istanbul
- Maximum group size of 8 people
- 3 hours of eating, walking and enjoying Istanbul
What To Bring & Wear
- An empty stomach and a very big appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing
- Our tours depart rain or shine, but if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops
50% deposit is required upon booking to secure your tour (this can be made via PayPal or with credit card). Cancellations are to be advised at least 24-hours before the commencement of your scheduled tour for a full refund; otherwise, this deposit will be forfeited. Our tours run rain or shine.
Departures & Meeting Point
Our Taksim Street Food Tour depart everyday at 12:00, 14:00, 16:00 and 18:00pm and are approximately 3 hours in duration.
We meet to begin our tour at the iconic Taksim Square. The exact meeting point and detailed directions will be provided upon booking.
Our small, standard tour group size is just 2-8 people. However, we are certainly happy to cater for your larger, private group.
** You can read the latest reviews about our tours on our Trip Advisor profile HERE **
“Where The Best Food Is! This review is repetitive in many ways of the previous reviews. We made our kids go with us, so that had the potential to be a challenge, but it turned out fine (thank you Ipad tablets). My ten year old enjoyed sampling much of the food, but my seven year old had none of it. The excitement of the city entertained them and the city was quite beguiling at night. My wife and I had a blast and the four others in our group were good-natured food lovers, so we all got along well. The price of this tour is equal to a high-end meal in the United States, but you also get a tour of Taksim and the ultimate taster’s menu. We started at Taksim Square. (Note: If you want to try the famous “wet burgers” as seen as Anthony Bourdain, this are 3 wet burger restaurants in the square. The wet burgers are not part of the tour.) We made 7 stops. Korhan was our guide and we found him kind, informed, and enthusiastic. The tour continues through the Tunel metro and then there is baclava to cap it off. You may be sick of food by this point. The metro is near the end stop it was a quick ride on the tram back to Sultanahmet. Highly recommended.” William, USA
“A Great Tour! We (family of 5 people) started our Istanbul visit with this food tour. Although it was cold and raining, this tour was a great success. We all enjoyed the food and Latif, our guide. We felt like being out with our best friend. Whenever we get back to Istanbul, we will definitely try the whole day tours. Again THANK YOU – Latif!” Tsering, Switzerland
So glad we picked this tour, I am still telling people about the food we had, one of the places we stopped (a place that specializes in one dish only) would be one of my all time favorite food experiences. I highly recommend this tour and as usual on a food tour don’t eat too much at the start, there is a lot of food! Tracey, Australia