Meet us in ‘Asia’, for a sensory exploration of Kadıköy. Enjoy the best eats of an area less explored by visitors, but a hub of local activity with some of the best food in the city. Sip our famous ayran, bite into the best kebabs, savour authentic Anatolian specialty dishes. And, of course, delicious baklava and Turkish pide. Eat your way through Kadıköy with us, and indulge in a taste of Istanbul’s evening life. Eat. Walk. Explore!
Enjoy an evening meandering through the ‘other side’ of Istanbul, while eating your way through Kadıköy with our expert foodies, on our Kadıköy Street Food Walk. Kadıköy is a hub of local activity on Istanbul’s Asian side, and a favourite areas of locals to come out and enjoy wonderful food with friends. Mingling with Istanbullus in the evening and eating the best local food where the locals eat, will give you a real sense of this tasty and vibrant city.
Start your tour with an ‘afternoon tea’ of mezes – Turkish-style – before moving on to delighting your tastebuds with some of the best street foods and kebab in Istanbul. Sample authentic Anatolian-style dishes, sip on ayran while watching the world pass by, savour some of the most delightful baklava in the city from generations-old creators, indulge in the magical taste of Turkish mussels. And this is just the beginning! Taste more than 8 different specialties during your tour.
Join us for an evening of great food and drink, history and culture, and lots of fun. This is sure to be an Istanbul night to delight!
Eat. Walk. Explore!
- Experience first-hand why Turkish cuisine is one of the world’s most famous
- Explore Istanbul’s Asian-side Kadıköy district by nightfall – the locals’ hub on the Asian shore
- Discover a local Istanbul with a professionally licensed foodie guide – passionate about all things food and Istanbul – ready to share information about their culture, Turkish history and modern-day life
- Enjoy the small, intimate groups with a maximum of 8 guests
- Fill your belly at 7 traditional Turkish food, desserts and drinks stops
- Start your tour with a Turkish Balkaymak plate, one of the most popular dish on all of our tours!
- Tempt your tastebuds with baklava from a shop that has been producing the favourite sweet for generations
- Sample some of the locals’ favourite street foods and quick bites of the area
- Sip on the famous ayran, the yogurt drink favoured by Turks with their meals
Your ticket entitles you to the following:
- All food and drink tastings along the tour, including 1 bottle of water
- A friendly, knowledgable and energetic professionally-licensed English-speaking tour guide
- A evening filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local insider’s view of Istanbul
- Maximum group size of 8 people
- 3 hours of eating, walking and enjoying Istanbul
What To Bring & Wear
- An empty stomach and a very big appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing
- Our tours depart rain or shine, but if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops
50% deposit is required upon booking to secure your tour (this can be made via PayPal or with credit card). Cancellations are to be advised at least 24-hours before the commencement of your scheduled tour for a full refund; otherwise, this deposit will be forfeited. Our tours run rain or shine.
Departures & Meeting Point
Our Kadıköy Evening Foodie Walks depart on everyday at 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 and 19:00 and are approximately 3 hours in duration.
We meet to begin our tour at the Kadıköy Ferry Terminal (Kadıköy Iskele). Please note that you will need to make your way to Kadıköy on your own, but detailed instructions and exact meeting point will be provided upon booking. Getting to Kadıköy is very easy by ferry, so don’t let this scare you from a wonderfully tasty experience!
Our small, standard tour group size is just 2-8 people. However, we are certainly happy to cater for your larger, private group.
** You can read the latest reviews about our tours on our Trip Advisor profile HERE **
A Great Tour! We (family of 5 people) started our Istanbul visit with this food tour. Although it was cold and raining, this tour was a great success. We all enjoyed the food and Latif, our guide. We felt like being out with our best friend. Whenever we get back to Istanbul, we will definitely try the whole day tours. Again THANK YOU – Latif! Tsering, Switzerland
So glad we picked this tour, I am still telling people about the food we had, one of the places we stopped (a place that specializes in one dish only) would be one of my all time favorite food experiences. I highly recommend this tour and as usual on a food tour don’t eat too much at the start, there is a lot of food! Tracey, Australia
We weren’t sure what to expect and this tour far exceeded our expectations! From the numerous email communications to the end of the tour, we loved it! The traditional Turkish foods we experienced were varied and delicious. Our guide, Korhan was so knowledgeable and Timed everything beautifully. We had great tour companions. We can’t say enough wonderful things about this adventure! Sarah, USA